This post may contain affiliate links.
A post was coming, it’s inevitable. The coronavirus is all anyone’s talking about right now and it’s literally taking over the world! This post is going to be explaining what I’ve been doing while in quarantine/lockdown and hopefully, it’ll give you tips and ideas on what you can do!
Since being in lockdown. I’ve made myself a self care box. I have actually has a post on self care ideas. This box contains many of my favourite things and included for all different reasons.
- Snow Fairy shower gel- this is in my self care box as I love bubble baths and this is my absolute favourite scent! It also turns my bath a dreamy pale pink while smelling of candy floss. A nice warm bubble bath with candles can really relax you and take your mind off the stress of isolation.
- The Ordinary AHA and BHA peeling mask– I only recently purchased this and I love it! You only need to keep it on 10 minutes and when you wash it off, your skin is so soft and glowy! It’s also pretty fun to use due to its “blood-like” appearance. This is a very popular treatment on TikTok but it was actually the YouTuber Skincare By Hyram that persuaded me to buy it- he knows what he’s talking about!
- Charlotte Tilbury Goddess Clay Mask– This is my mask for when I don’t want a harsh treatment. Not only does it smell gorgeous but it works too, my skin feelings absolutely angelic after using it. You can read all out this in my Charlotte Tilbury Goddess Skin Clay Mask review.
- Body Shop Vanilla Body Butter – The one that I have in my box is the Christmas edition, which is very unfortunate. It’s a huge tub and it’s super moisturising. I love to use it after a bath or shower. Vanilla is my favourite scent and the scent of this lingers on your skin for so long- it makes you smell like a gorgeous cupcake! (Since the vanilla is limited edition, I’ve linked the strawberry one which is my 2nd favourite!)
- Night skincare – I use my PMD clean brush which I have a review for with my lush dark angels cleanser in the shower. My Revolution Niacinamide serum and Simple Kind to Skin Light Moisturiser in the box simply so it’s always at hand. I also keep my Vaseline there as it’s so important to also moisturise your lips!
- Hand sanitizer- I know, predictable but it needs to be there! Personally, I like the Bath and Body Works ones as the scents are so fun but any sanitizer will work in a time like this!
- Scrunchies- simply so I can tie my hair up.
The box has really helped my unwind and relax during this stressful time!
Reading is something I absolutely love doing but hardly have time for! Unfortunately for me, reading can be quite expensive as I read so fast! I decided to buy and e-book yesterday and I’m already 70% through. Bear in mind I bought this at like midnight last night and went to bed half an hour later. I also sometimes use reading to procrastinate which isn’t good but I can’t help myself! In all honesty, I do prefer reading to watching films (except maybe Disney movies). Of course I like to watch the films but I like reading the book first to compare. Currently, I’m reading “in 5 years.” By time I upload this, I will have probably finished this book. It’s amazing and I have no idea what to expect from it yet! I highly recommend!
Of course, I have a selection of Bullet journal posts, I only recently uploaded my April bullet journal theme. Starting a bullet journal is a perfect activity to do during isolation, if you think it’s a good idea for you, then feel free to read my post on how to start a bullet journal for beginners. Not only is it fun, it’s relaxing and really allows you to be creative, this is good in a time like this where creativity can be limited.
Of course, a time like this is perfect to really work on and read about my blog. I’ve been researching useful resources and been reading more blog posts. There’s no better excuse! I’m trying to write a blog post (or at least half) a day so I have some in advance and 3-6 fresh pins to schedule for Pinterest. I’m really trying harder with Pinterest right now as I have a lot of time on my hands to share with all my different tasks I want to do. Blogging does take up time but I’m hoping the efforts will pay off!
Browsing social media
I think I’d be lying if I said this lockdown hasn’t caused me to spend more time online, and on social media. I’ve been engaging and posting more particularly on twitter and Instagram. Social media usually just passes time for me which isn’t the best or most productive way to pass time but we all get stuck in a social media hole from time-to-time!
Despite my university being closed, exams are going ahead. I’ve made no secret about how unimpressed I am. It isn’t because I just don’t want to do exams, it’s genuinely because I don’t think it’ll be a true reflection of how well we can do. Being stuck in your own home can be very in motivating and can make you feel uninspired. I have to force myself to do my work and it’s draining but I know it needs to be done. Also, online lectures, aren’t effective. Lecturers can’t be heard and nothing gets learnt, we literally have to copy off powerpoints. Many people can’t effectively learn/study that way. Additionally, since I’m only first year, my grades won’t contribute towards my final grade. If it was my choice, I’d just use the work so far to go towards my grade for my module. For example, an essay was worth 60% of the module, I’d rather it be changed to be worth 100%. I do know that there are worse problems going on, I’d just rather spend my time doing something that’ll help me and that I enjoy.
That is mostly what has been taking up my time in this unfortunate period. Hopefully it’ll end soon and we will all come out of it as healthy and as happy possible. Stay safe and let me know how you’ve been passing your time while being in lockdown/isolation!