Sometimes however, thinking up a bullet journal theme can be hard, but luckily, I’m sharing some cute themes with you today!
These will be themes that can suit anyone at all and can be customised to fit your style. You can do this by changing the colours, writing and shapes included!
But wait! Have you signed up to my free bullet journal checklist? It has everything you could possibly need to start your bullet journal!
Now you know all there is to know on starting a bullet journal, let’s jump into it!
Random bullet journal theme ideas
- Jewels – diamonds, rubies, rose quartz. Check out my January amethyst theme!
- Honeycomb – bees, hive, honey pots
- Paper airplanes – or real planes!
- Teddy bears – bears, dogs or bunnies too!
- Geometric shapes – rectangles, circles, triangles
- Confetti – very fun yet simple too!
- Stationery – pens, pencils, washi tape
- Video game – animal crossing, fortnite, cooking mama!
- Tv show / movie – Gilmore girls, Disney Princesses, Disney Pixar!
- Theme park – check out my DisneyWorld theme for inspiration on this one!
Nature inspired bullet journal ideas
- Flowers – roses, daisies, peonies
- Weather – rain, snow, sun
- Fire – flames, campfires, cosy fireplace
- Clouds – rainclouds, white clouds, magical castle clouds
- Stars – galaxy, constellations, planets
- Beach – sea, sandcastles, sea life. My June theme was underwater!
- Sunsets – or sunrise, over a pretty lake too?
- Leaves – vines, palm leaves and huge trees!
- Succulents – cacti, money trees and potted plants
- Mountains – topped with snow, valleys and trees scattered everywhere
Animal bullet journal themes
- Elephants – mud baths, spurting water, baby elephants
- Lions – Lion king, lazed on the savanna, fierce and growling.
- Birds – robins, blue tits and owls
- Fantasy animals – unicorns, dragons, Pegasus
- Flamingos – stood up, in the water, from the neck upwards.
- Woodlands animals – hedgehogs, squirrels, foxes
- Mice – Mickey and Minnie, cute brown house mice, the mice from Cinderella
- Dogs – Labrador’s, Yorkshire terriers, huskies
- Insects – butterflies, ladybugs, bees
- Bears – pandas, Winnie the Pooh, koalas
Food bullet journal ideas
- Ice cream – cones, tubs, lollies
- Fast food – pizza, McDonald’s, tacos
- Fruit – strawberry, pineapple, lemons
- Candy – chocolate, lollipops, hard candy (e.g jolly rancher)
- Cupcakes – chocolate, vanilla, red velvet, all adorned with frosting!
- Desserts – donuts, cookies, brownies
- Drinks – frappes, bubble tea, cocktails
- Utensils – whisk, spoons, spatulas
- Groceries- break, milk, eggs
- Comfort meals – spaghetti, Mac n cheese, grilled cheese.
Seasonal bullet journal ideas
- Christmas – trees, angels, baubles
- Easter – eggs, bunnies, chicks
- Snow – icicles, snowmen, snowflakes
- Hearts – pink, red, peach
- Halloween – pumpkins, skeletons, candy
- Autumn – leaves, scarves, coffee
- New Years – fireworks, resolutions, confetti
- Back to school – stationary, notebooks, bagpacks
- Valentine’s – love letters, chocolate strawberries, pink Polaroids
- Christmas food – gingerbread men, candy canes, Christmas pudding.
Minimalistic bullet journal ideas
- Set colour – pink, blue, yellow
- Scrapbook style – magazine cut-outs, photos, glitter
- Simple black and white – use a plain biro and ruler to make this super neat!
- Lines – straight, wavy, diagonal
- Small doodles – hearts, stars, plants
- Accent colours – highlight words, outline shapes with colour, add small doodles of colour
- Calligraphy – add the fancy text to make it pop a little more
- Swirls – very easy to fill empty spaces with!
- Washi tape – add wherever you feel necessary
- Polka dots – make them different sizes for a little extra flair or the same size to make it more minimal
Colour-themed bullet journal ideas
- Pink – pigs, flowers, cotton candy
- Purple – lavender, gems, grapes
- Yellow – sun, daffodils, chicks
- Orange – fire, oranges, perfumes
- Red – berries, cola, red velvet cake
- Blue – the ocean, blueberries, rain
- Gold – jewellery, medals, trophies
- Green – plants, limes, dinosaurs
- Black – cats, nighttime city, minimalism
- White – snow, polar bears, coconuts
Back to school bullet journal ideas
- Books – reading, textbooks, bookshelves
- Stationary – pencils, pens, erasers
- Classroom – desk, apples, blackboard
- Playground – balls, skipping ropes, hula hoops
- Essentials – bag-pack, water bottle, pencil case
- School morning – coffee, alarm clock, breakfast
- School stereotypes – “nerd” glasses, american football jerseys, cheerleader Pom-poms
- Obviously school things – yellow bus, post it notes, school building
And that brings us to the end of this post! These ideas can be created digitally or on paper! I hope you enjoyed! Never be stuck on bullet journal ideas again!